2. Return every call and email. You never know who’s behind the message or where the communication could lead.
3. Treat everyone well. What you put out comes back, and life has a funny way of putting people in unexpected places and positions. Don’t let the person you ignore or mistreat today be the person you need tomorrow.
4. Communicate your message clearly, early, and often. Know who you are, what you stand for, and what you want.
5. Be consistent across platforms. Your online and offline personas should match. This also applies to your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media messaging. Consistency communicates integrity which creates trust.
6. Relationships > Everything. Place relationships at the top of your list of priorities and leave them there. Connections are the currency of success.
7. Learn the rules before trying to bend or break them. A strategic rebel is more effective than a reckless one.
8. Be more interested than interesting. You’ll make more friends and allies if you’ll ask questions, be interested in other people, and soak up knowledge.
9. Frame up your work and story based on where you want to go, not where you are.
10. Share what you know. It’s the quickest and easiest way to attract amazing opportunities.