Helping You Succeed ℠
To help your small business succeed by giving you all the resources and tools you need to “make it” today and “thrive” tomorrow.
What Is Small Biz Club?
Small Biz Club is the premier destination for small business owners and entrepreneurs. To succeed in business, you have to constantly learn about new things, evaluate what you’re doing, and look for ways to improve—that’s what we’re here to help you do. We bring you the best of the best—insightful thinking on important business questions from industry leaders, veteran business owners, and fellow entrepreneurs. It’s all put in one place—here at SmallBizClub.com—for you to learn everything from the fundamentals of business to the most innovative, cutting edge trends. Whether you’re a startup looking to grow, a family business aiming for consistent cash flow, or anything in between, SmallBizClub.com has something for you.
What does that really mean? It means articles about how to start, run, and grow your business. It means guides for understanding the complex worlds of finance and technology. It means business owners sharing their stories through video, recommended reading from your local library or bookstore, online business training and tools, and a lot more. But above all, it means one thing: answers to your questions. If you’re looking for something on SmallBizClub.com and can’t find it—tell us! We’ll find it, because our mission is to help you.
What Do We Believe?
- Small Business is the heart of the American economy and the true representation of the American dream.
- The mission of business is to help people. A sustainable business is one that provides value to its customers; profit is a byproduct of that mission.
- We make better decisions when we learn more, whether it’s what we see, read, or hear.
- There are no silver bullets in business—the key to success is mastering the fundamentals, not looking for some secret formulas.
- You have to reinvent yourself every day. Complacency is the enemy of success, no matter how big you are or how successful you’ve been in the past.
- It takes a sense of desperation to grow a business—the passion and drive to get another customer, improve your product or service, or overcome a challenging obstacle.
- We learn most when we fail. We shouldn’t fear failure but rather should embrace trying new things. If you’re not failing, you’re not trying hard enough!
- Nothing takes the place of hard work.
SmallBizClub.com is created by Tarkenton Companies, as part of our commitment to help small businesses succeed.Tarkenton Companies was founded by Entrepreneur and NFL Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton. Fran has always had a passion for small business, and has started 20 businesses since retiring from the NFL. His efforts to provide knowledge and tools to small business have been a full time undertaking since 1996. Fran is the driving force behind GoSmallBiz.com and SmallBizClub.com, and the Tarkenton Certificate in Entrepreneurship, which have all grown from his desire to help fellow entrepreneurs grow and compete in the modern economy.