Almost three-quarters (74%) of survey respondents said that sending newsletters is their #1 email marketing choice, says a new study from GetResponse and Smart Insights. That and autoresponders (61%) (e.g., thanking subscribers for signing up) are way ahead of all other options in their recent survey of 1821 marketers worldwide.
Other option results:
- Multi-step welcome for new subscribers (26%)
- Customer survey emails (21%)
- Automated and event-triggered emails across full customer lifecycle (18%)
- Emails to engage in social media or creation of user-generated content, e.g. reviews (18%)
- Solus campaign emails (single e-blast) (12%)
- Reactivation emails (11%)
- Follow-up to viewing basket, product, or content browsed on site (8%)
The survey report suggests that autoresponders “should be 100% since it’s straightforward to set up a simple autoresponder message to welcome subscribers to your brand.”
Related Article: Email Marketing is a Strong Influencer in B2C Buying
To read the full report, click here.
How often do you send email newsletters?