Types of Service Options Offered
- Calculations of each employee’s pay and tax deductions;
- Contractor (1099 employee) payment;
- Employee payment through
- Direct deposit
- Paycheck printing and delivery
- Pay debit cards;
- Quarterly local, state, and federal payroll tax return filing;
- Issuance of annual local, state, and federal W-2 and W-9 forms;
- Quarterly tax deposits made with local and state tax authorities, the IRS, and the Social Security Administration;
- Addressing payroll and tax requirements for employees living or working in multiple states;
- Tracking 401(k), section 125, or retirement plan contributions;
- Tracking vacation and sick day payments;
- Payroll integration with other computer programs, such as QuickBooks, HR software, time clock, and more;
- Making payments from a business’s funds provided but issued through the payroll service’s bank account.
Questions to Ask
- What pricing do you offer, and are any service prices negotiable?
- Does your price vary based on the number of employees and/or number of pay runs? What other variables impact pricing?
- What kind of customer support is available (including hours and channels)?
- What pay options do employees have for payroll?
- What tax compliance services do you offer?
- How do you notify customers about tax compliance or needed information?
- Do you assume responsibility for penalties and fines incurred if you are late making deposits or filing payroll tax forms?
- What references can you provide from customers who are using your services?
- What type of guarantee do you provide?