Small business social media marketing faces the constraints of strategy and time. Social media enthusiast Philip Rickwood joins me today to explain how he amassed 71,000+ Twitter followers in a relatively short time, a remarkable feat for someone who is not employed full time in the field. In this episode we discuss his journey, social media management tools and how he manages it in about one hour per day.
- Do use tools to make social media management a quick and painless process
- There is some debate over the value of social media for businesses that cannot or do not engage with their communities
- You can make connections though social media
Related Article: Know Your Social Media Fundamentals
Contact Info & Social Media Tools
- Follow/Reach Philip on Twitter – @afhitcom
- ManageFlitter – App that enables Twitter management as well as provides analytical insight such as who has unfollowed you, inactive followers, and influencers you are connected to.
- Socializer – Simultaneously post to unlimited App.net, Twitter & Facebook (pages & timeline) accounts from one app.
- SproutSocial – A management and engagement platform for small business.
- BufferApp – Allows scheduled posts of Tweets along with analytics.
- HootSuite – Social media management dashboard.
This podcast was originally published by The Growing Entrepreneur
Published: March 3, 2015