How can businesses effectively utilize social media, specifically LinkedIn, as a means of promotion?
Answer: While LinkedIn is one social media tool for marketing your business, there are other social media resources you should utilize in conjunction with LinkedIn.
2. Create a blog to allow yourself an engagement platform.
3. Insert buttons on your website pages and emails that link to your social media accounts.
Run a Facebook ad campaign that encourages people to like your page. You can accomplish this by sending ads to a targeted audience. For example, males ages 18-24 who live in the western half of the United States and like to snowboard.
Keep your followers engaged once you have a base. Are you trying to increase customer engagement with your company through social media? If so, then you already have the platforms in place, and you are just trying to “stitch” it all together. Here is how to keep them engaged:
• Create blog posts that relate to your audience. For example, if you are a plumber, writing a post on the Top 5 preventative maintenance tips.
• Share blog posts on both your Facebook and Twitter accounts. It’s important to share relevant, non-sales information with your audience.
Industry tools: Using industry articles and detailed explanations as exhibited on the following websites will you help develop a successful social media marketing plan, which includes these basic components:
1. Goals and Objectives
2. Market Analysis
3. Social Media Campaign Implementation Plan
4. Resource Planning
5. Review Process and Delivery
- Social Media Marketing Plan: advmediaproductions.com
- The 22 Step Social Media Marketing Plan: mashable.com
- How to Make a Social Media Marketing Plan For Your Business: onewomanmarketing.com
- How to Build Social Media Campaigns: ehow.com
Social media account set up: The first step to implementing a comprehensive social media communications strategy is to simply sign up for accounts on the main social media sites. The next steps involve creating a business website along with a blog. After you have created and published your website, you can then begin to leverage your social media accounts:
A Facebook business page will allow Facebook users to “Like” and follow your updates. A Facebook business page is different in that it is public and Search Engines can see business pages, which is great for SEO.
- Tips to Get People to Join Your Facebook Fan Page: smallbiztrends.com
- How to Use Facebook for Business: hubspot.com
2. LinkedIn account: Below are seven steps to maximize the effectiveness of marketing your LinkedIn account and maintaining active engagement with your network to stay fresh on the minds of your target market:
- Can LinkedIn Help You With Your Marketing: oktopost.com
- How to Use LinkedIn to Promote Your Home Business: about.com
- How to Promote Your Business on LinkedIn: izea.com
- 10 Ways to Use LinkedIn to Promote Your Business: sitepoint.com
3. Twitter account: You can easily use tools such as Hootsuite or Tweetdeck to manage your Twitter account. It can be useful to follow other relevant companies that your target audience would be interested in.
5. Topical articles: It’s good practice to post industry related articles on all forms of social. Once everything is setup, you will want to write blog posts on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Think of each post as an opportunity to communicate with your followers. After writing blog posts, you would share each of them on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. A blog post might consist of 2-3 paragraphs about a topic that is relevant to your audience. Topics might include: top ten tips, opinions on the industry, and stats & info related to the industry that your business operates in.