We are a small business-to-business publisher. We have about 65 active clients in a universe of about 250 prospects. We typically sell in the fall, and clients buy contracts that run the following calendar year. We have never used sales software to help us track our relationships with current clients and prospects. Do you think Salesforce is a good solution for an enterprise of our size? What are my other options?
1. Salesforce CRM Review: Of course, 250 is a number of contacts that can be managed with a wide range of CRM products. We do not perform in-depth reviews of products; however, we have reviewed the capabilities of the Salesforce CRM product and compared those to your stated needs as per your question. This product should certainly meet the needs of your business. We have provided below the various Salesforce pricing and edition options for their CRM software solution as well as a review board for the Salesforce CRM products. These may help you discern if this is the best option for you:
2. CRM products: We do not know all of the CRM features and functionality you require for your business; however, you can review and compare other CRM products through software retailers and industry websites like the following examples:
3. Free CRM software: You often have to be concerned with limitations on number of users, technical functionality, tech support, and other issues when using free and open source software products; however, you can locate and compare free CRM software products through industry websites like the following:
- Top 5 best free CRM software for Windows: top5freeware.com
- Free CRM Applications: about.com
- Best free and open source CRM software: junauza.com
We recommend that you review the articles below on how to select the right CRM system for you, review your needs in a CRM system, and then review the CRM options we’ve listed above to narrow your choices.