If I start taking debit cards, are there ways to use my phone and do it on the spot? What should I look out for when I am searching for a company to service me? Should I just stay with cash and checks, even though many people are not using that means of payment as much, which limits the younger generation from using my services?
1. Mobile Credit Card Solutions: Mobile debit/credit card processing is available. In addition to the merchant account information below, you can review articles on mobile credit card processing solutions and considerations at the following websites:
- Sell More With Square: squareup.com
- Mobile Credit Card Processing Made Easy: payments.intuit.com
- Get Paid Anywhere: paypal.com
- Mobile Credit Card Processing Services Reviews: toptenreviews.com
2. Merchant Account Selection: You can review the common considerations when selecting merchant account services at industry websites like the following:
- 6 Essential Questions For Selecting Merchant Services: about.com
- Merchant Services Questions: wellsfargo.com
3. Accepting Credit Cards: The credit card payment option is common among businesses.
Pros of Accepting Card Payments:
• The most common method of payment.
• Easy to accept.
• The convenience of credit cards can increase average sales.
Cons of Accepting Card Payments:
• Increased risk of fraud.
• Processing fees for purchase transactions.
• Another layer of detail to your bookkeeping practices.
4. Merchant Account Services: In addition to your local and online business directories, you can find helpful merchant account/credit card company comparisons, equipment, fee structures, and related information at websites like the following:
- Credit Card Processing Online Services Reviews: toptenreviews.com
- Merchant Account Comparison Chart: infomerchant.net
- Merchant Account Questions: infomerchant.net
- Merchant Account & Credit Card Processing Service: gotmerchant.com
Also, a third party service like PayPal or Google may be a consideration. You can review and compare online payment services at websites like the following: