Marketing is one of the disciplines that changes and evolves quickly. The principles are consistent, but with changing technology, the tactics are more fluid.
Earlier this year, the WFA (World Federation of Advertisers) surveyed 700 leading marketers from over 30 countries. The study attempted to understand the current and future challenges today’s marketers face, what can be done to bridge any skill gaps that exist, and what else CMOs need to be conscious of to succeed into the 2020s.
The video below explains the results and provides the top skills that marketers are going to need in the near future.
- Marketers of the future need a global mindset along with an understanding of regional and local differences and needs.
- Marketers of the future cannot lose sight of basic marketing fundamentals.
- Marketers of the future need to use specialists to drill down on specific skills and areas of expertise.
- Marketers of the future need to prioritize soft skills such as inclusivity, empathy, and cultural sensitivity.
- Marketers of the future should be cognizant of their companies’ contributions to a better world.