No-code platforms are on a rise these days. As the name suggests, these platforms do not require the use of coding to build applications. No programming, no coding, and fewer technicalities. It is gradually becoming a promising alternative for enterprises who wish to create their own apps fast, easily, at low cost, and without much human effort.
If you’re reading this article, you probably want to explore what no-code platforms are, how they function, how they can benefit your business, etc. Then, you are at the right place! In this blog, we shall try to touch upon the basics of no-code platforms, their salient features and answer all your queries in one go. Let’s move ahead!
Also, would you like to create your own app with Andromo? Read this blog till the end, and find why you should go for it!
What is No-Code Development?
No-code development platform allows people even from non-technical backgrounds to create apps by using a visual development interface. The best part about the no-code platform is that you do not need to have prior knowledge about coding to create software with no-code.
It is useful for line of business (LOB) employees who have the desired and basic know-how about an app, but lack understanding of programming languages. All you have to do is drag and drop all the software components and build an app.
Is Low-Code Different from No-Code?
Both no-code and low-code platforms allow users to create software by eliminating the use of coding. (An important thing to note here is that low-code platforms provide an option to either use code or scripting).
However, there are also some key areas where they are contrary to each other. These point to-
- Target Group
Low-Code: These platforms aim at developers. These are best suited for coders as they require technical know-how. Technical details are a crucial part of low-code platforms.
No-Code: These platforms target business users. They do away with the use of coding and focus on keeping things user-friendly and creating a good user experience. These platforms do not include many technicalities.
- The System
Low-Code: Low-code platforms are not closed systems. If there’s Any update made in the application, the customers might face problems in the working of the software. This is because any new version affects the functionality of the software.
No-Code: There is no such issue with no-code platforms. It is a closed system. Hence, the users do not have to worry if there’s an upgrade.
Low-Code: Low-code platforms can provide solutions to all your problems. They serve a vast range of issues and meet all your requirements.
No-Code: This can be a major drawback for businesses that have some major needs. These platforms come with certain limitations that do not allow you to meet all your requirements. They are capable of catering to only one type of customer- either business user or citizen developer.
The difference can be well understood from the table given below:
|Target Group||Developers||Business users
|Objective||Speedy development||Easy to use|
|Need of Coding||A low level of coding required||No coding required|
|Level of Customization||Total customization can be done||Pre-templates can be done|
|Purpose||Fast application development tool for professional developers||A self-service platform for business users|
|Complexity Level||Can build complex apps||Can build simple apps|
Advantages of a No-Code Platform
- Speed: Building apps with no-code platforms is fast. Creating a simple app just takes a few hours and for a complex one, it will take a few weeks to the max.
- Ease of Use: No-code platforms are the easiest to use. They are so easy that even a high school student can create apps using them. All you are supposed to do is drag and drop all the components of apps and your app will be built.
- Easy Up-Gradation: No-code apps are easy to update. Applications require new features or squash bugs to be added frequently. More often than not, any update in the application leads to the takedown of the app. However, with no-code apps, any update can be made while the application is still in use.
- You Can Pivot Effortlessly: Pivoting refers to the practice of changing the app’s market or audience. If you feel that your app will receive a better response by changing its audience, with no-code platforms you can do that easily without engaging the developers. This is affordable too.
- Less Human Capital Required: The best part about no-code platforms is that you do need to spend much on building an entire team for creating an app. One talented developer is enough to build the app within a matter of a few hours!
Disadvantages of No-Code Platform
- Less Customization Available: There is a limit to what you can customize with no-code platforms. This can be a major disadvantage as you will have to change your business process to meet the requirements of the no-code platform.
- Less Security: With No-code platforms, you do not have full control over the code because you are just dragging and dropping the components. Due to this, in case your platform gets hacked, there are high chances of your application being misused.
- Limited Options: No-code is best suited for businesses that are looking for solutions to a single problem. It serves you a fast and easy solution but does not pay attention to UX (user experience). It cannot solve complex problems, for that, you might have to look for other options.
- Poor Integration: Applications built via no-code platforms hardly integrate much with other tools. This, in turn, creates the problem of storage. The data collected by those tools either do not store or the quality is poor even if it is stored.
Features of No-Code Platforms
- Drag & Drop: It is an essential key feature of no-code platforms. Also, an important reason why these platforms are getting much preference. It makes the process of developing an app easy and quick. All you need to do is drag and drop the features you require for creating your desired application.
- Data Connections: As it is made keeping in mind the needs of business enterprises, it offers a simple user interface to join with the database of your preference. It assists you in completing your business tasks by building the data management which is core to your business workflows.
- User Interface Builder & Visual Modeling: No-code platforms allow you to easily put together all the elements and create a website or an application through a user interface builder. It does not require you to do coding, it serves everything to you on a plate! Everything is already created or modelized, you just have to drag and drop and arrange.
- AI & Machine Learning: Many no-code platforms have begun to offer AI and machine learning models to supercharge your applications, either inbuilt or through integrations. No-code platforms often use AI and machine learning approaches to improve the user experience and make the process more efficient.
- Reusability: You can reuse some parts of the application in new applications. It will save you time. Moreover, you can also benefit the community by making your block available on other platforms to be reused.
How Can You Build an App Without Coding?
There are 4 steps that you need to follow to build an app without coding:
- Choose the App Template: The first step to create an app without coding is to choose a template. You can choose the template as per your business or industry.
- Branding: The next step is to choose a color scheme for your template. This is a way through which you can brand your app. You can also customize your app using images. The last and final thing that you can do in branding is to upload your app icon.
- Content: The template that you chose might include its preloaded content. Be it about us page or home page, you can edit it and customize it according to your business or industry.
- Publish: This is the last step of building your app. It’s time to publish and make it available on the play store or apple store so that people can download and access it. There are some steps that you need to go through to publish your app. You need to fill in the following details to list your application.
- App title
- Icon name
Here are some of the top no-code app builders that you can always refer to:
- Appy pie
- Good barber
- Bizness apps
- App institute
Why use Andromo for No-Code Development?
Andromo.com is the best way to create your app without the use of coding. No programming skills are required. Everything is automated with Andromo; it automatically brings different blocks into applications.
Features that Andromo provides:
- Photo gallery
- Audio player
- Custom page and a lot more.
What’s more, you can create your own app with Andromo for free. However, there are some charges that you will have to pay as subscription charges. The platform gives you a two-week free trial so that you can explore the platform in its depth.