Businesses that only accept cash tend to miss out on many sales opportunities. Choosing to accept credit cards at your small business is an important decision you should make, as it will help you bring in more revenue in the long run.
As for finding the right credit card processer, that tends to be the area that gives entrepreneurs the biggest headache. There are so many to choose from that it’s easy to get bogged down. Here’s a rundown of top picks for credit card processors in 2017.
- Bluepay. BluePayis a leading provider of technology-enabled payment processing for merchants and suppliers of any size in the U.S. and Canada. Through physical POS, online, and mobile interfaces, BluePay processes business-to-consumer and business-to-business payments while providing real-time settlement, reporting, and reconciliation. The company also offers robust security features such as tokenization and point-to-point encryption.
- Payline Data. If you own a fledgling company that is just starting out on the road to entrepreneurial success, try Payline Data. It’s affordable and will cover all the bases you’ll need in the beginning. It accepts credit cards via credit card machine, mobile phone, and online, and you can even save a little money by choosing from different pricing options based on the volume of your sales. Payline Data also offers 24/7 phone support, so if you’re ever having issues, you’ll be connected to a customer servicerepresentative in no time.
- Tradeshift Go. Tradeshift Go is a lightweight, collaborative virtual credit card solutionfor purchasing and payments. Go is great for all your long-tail purchases that are too small to be managed by procurement or too infrequent to be efficiently processed in a catalog system.
- PayPal. For businesses with low-volume sales, PayPal gives you flexible credit card processing. Customers can make purchases in person, online, or on the go. There are also additional perks designed specifically for small businesses, such as the ability to extend credit to customers, as well as 24/7 support if you’re having issues with the system. PayPal also wins points for being cost-effective, so it’s a great option for businesses that aren’t quite in the big time yet.
- Flagship Merchant Services. For businesses producing a high volume of sales, Flagship Merchant Services is one to consider. You’ll receive a merchant account and many different credit card processing options, as the service can accommodate in-person, online, and mobile payments. The application process is stress-free, and you don’t need to sign a long-term contract in order to use the service.
- TSYS Merchant Solutions. Own a medical practice? This option is designed to fit the unique needs of medical professionals who own their own practices. Not only will you receive in-person, online, and mobile processing, but TSYS also offers reputation monitoring and fraud prevention. As a member of the American Medical Association, you’ll also receive special discounts and perks that are only available to medical practitioners.
There are many credit card processing options out there, but not all services are created equal. The above solutions are perfect for entrepreneurs and are specifically designed to cater to them.