Want to be successful in today’s dental marketing world? One of the best ways to do so is to create your very own blog. Why blog, you ask? Blogs are an excellent way to give your business credibility in your niche; it’s an opportunity to provide fresh, relevant and educational content for your readers.
The thought of a blog may seem quite easy; but the key to a successful blog is consistency. You can’t expect to create a blog and post only once a month – creating content on a weekly or daily basis is crucial.
It’s not always easy to pump out fresh content, though, especially if you feel like you have nothing to write about.
To help you get started and avoid the dreaded land of “Blogger’s Block,” here are some great ideas you can consider writing:
Get Creative with Multimedia and Visuals
There are plenty of ways you can conquer this:
- Show a step-by-step guide on how to perform a specific dental procedure by using a series of photos or create a how-to video.
- Create a FAQ video and answer any common questions patients tend to ask. This allows you to be more in-depth with your answers.
- Use storytelling to introduce your typical customers.
- Highlight a customer of the month and have them share their amazing experience doing a specific procedure with your practice.
How-to’s and Tips
- Write a how-to article. Give instructions with screenshots or photos on the steps someone needs to take to do something.
- Point out common mistakes in your industry and offer solutions on how to fix or avoid them.
- Share common tips on dental hygiene or tips to avoid cavities.
Use Existing Content
- Find someone else’s article that you agree or disagree with. Introduce your blog post with what you specifically agree or disagree with it, and support your argument with a few concise points.
- Do a weekly or daily links roundup of relevant news for your community.
- Find tips in other content, create a list of those tips and give links to those articles as the sources.
- Do a roundup on last year’s/last month’s/last week’s most popular posts.
Make it About Your Community
- Do a questionnaire with your favorite patient.
- Run a contest and give away something relevant to your community.
- If you have company news to share, talk about it in a way that makes it about the reader. Example: if someone gets promoted, talk about how why they were successful; find ways to inspire your audience.
Introduce You and Your Team
- Share more about you and your dental team by writing a post about what everyone likes to do outside of work, where they studied, etc.
- Pick an “Employee of the Month,” and asks them a few questions and write about them and their success.
Author: Usman Raza is a marketing specialist at Crawford and O’Brien and Keeva Organics. Aside from doing dental SEO and helping dentists get new patients, when not working there is a 99% chance he is praying with his family. Follow him on Facebook @usmanraza40 and Twitter @usmanintrotech